Why regional and why the Goldfields?
The Goldfields Migrant Employment Project (GMEP) was founded in July 2019 to assist new migrants and refugees in Perth connect with employment opportunities in Kalgoorlie-Boulder and the wider communities of the Goldfields.
With employment and business opportunities strong in this regional location, the GMEP not only plans to connect you to these opportunities but also support you during relocation and connect you with the community.
What are the benefits of moving to regional locations?
- A larger access to employment opportunities and ability to learn new skills.
- Increased value of lifestyle, proximity to friends and family and access to quality schools, childcare and health services.
- Strong and open community who are very welcoming.
- A large range of community activities including a strong cultural and arts scene.
- A diverse range of sporting organisations with over 140 in the region.
- Better opportunities for financial success with lower cost of living and attractive investment opportunities for housing and enterprise.
How will this project assist?
- The GMEP have connected with a number of business partners in the Goldfields representing a wide range of industries. We will bring you their employment opportunities and provide a platform for you to connect!
- Our recruitment and job-readiness partners, MercyCare and TalentPartner, will be responsible for our job seeker engagement with regular information sessions held in Perth, WA. This will include access to other service providers who can assist in areas of skills recognition and up-skill.
- We will assist with you connecting to the region with opportunities to visit and meet employers 1-on-1.
- Once connected and an employment opportunity secured, the GMEP have support services on the ground in Kalgoorlie-Boulder to make you feel at home and connect you to our community.